Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Vampires

The sun is feared here. Granted, the sun is much stronger here in Jland, BUT I think the fear is a little extreme. Not only do most people wander around with parasols, but they even wear things like these:


Why can't you just wear sunscreen and limit your sun exposure? My new favorite source of amusement at work is telling my students I am going to Okinawa for Obon and I am going to lay out in the sun and get a tan, and then watching their horrified faces. They either look like they don't believe I could ever mean anything that crazy, or like I said I was going to pour acid all over my body and love it. =)

1 comment:

Laura, Ella, and a Pair of Toms said...

That is awesome!!! Too bad everyone is already black down here - otherwise there might be a "sun scare", too! Hahaha! :) I think our worlds are opposite in that way!