Monday, February 2, 2009

The grass is always greener on the other side

I am at the point of loathing the rain. The rain used to be a treat for me, as it never rains in Southern California. Well...that has all changed thanks to Japan! I am pretty sure since I have been here (April 4) there have been maybe *32 days of sunshine here, THAT is how much it rains! True, the country is gorgeous and green and lush due to all of this water, however it sure can be hard to appreciate when it is raining too hard to go anywhere!

I can understand the rumor that Seattle has a high suicide rate because it really does get depressing (and also just a pain to get anything done!). Give me dry dead hills and fires anytime!...well maybe not. I think there just needs to be more of a balance. =)

*Possible exaggeration

No comments: