Saturday, August 16, 2008

J clubbing

I went to see a famous Japanese house DJ last night-Masanori Morita. He's DJed with Tiesto and other big DJs before internationally, so I guess he is kind of a big deal. I don't usually listen to house music but it was a lot of fun, and he was awesome. We spotted him before his gig at the bar. My friend was doing her "shy Japanese" thing so she didn't want to go talk to him. So, I did my "I don't know any better because I am a foreigner" thing and just walked up to him and started talking haha. He was actually really cool and spoke pretty good English.

Clubbing in Japan is interesting. I mean, I hardly ever go clubbing period, so maybe I am just ignorant, but clubs are almost like concerts here. Everyone dances to the DJ. Not with their friends in groups ("I just wanna dance!"). You could technically go to a club alone and be OK. We got pretty close and there was even a mosh pit like thing at the front so we backed off because I didn't feel like having my feet stomped off. And of course, there were glow sticks! Hehehe...

No comments: