Saturday, August 30, 2008

Another reason why Japanese elevators suck...

Something I forgot to mention in last night's entry that a dream I had reminded me of (OK, how weird does that sound...)

Last night my coworker told me that the service elevator we usually take at night to take out the trash...broke. I mean, at around 9 or 10 am that day, people were taking it from the second floor and it literally dropped to the basement!! I am assuming everyone was OK because there weren't a million Japanese people running around freaking out, but how scary is that?? To free fall for 3 stories?? The scariest part is I work on the NINTH floor and take that elevator almost every night....I don't want to even think about what would happen if the elevator decided to drop and let me free fall all the way down to the basement...like that scene in Speed. Told you, Japanese technology isn't what it's cracked up to be...

No comments: