Monday, August 25, 2008

F for Frustration

I am very frustrated for two reasons right now:

1. I somehow downloaded a really dreadful virus onto my computer. Fast forward to about 6 hours of annoyance and clicking later, and it is somewhat maintained, yet some stuff is still screwed up on my computer. LOVELY.

2. I just got a revised quote for a flight to Thailand over my winter holiday...and looks like I won't be going there anytime around then! Unfortunately, with my job, I get set dates off. I can't pick and choose when I get holiday, and of course I get the actual New Years week off making it RIDICULOUSLY expensive to fly there (the ending price was somewhere around 1,200 USD--no thank you!). This also just kind of opened my eyes and made me realize it would cost this much to fly there/anywhere during ANY of my holidays. You have to travel overseas during off season. Too bad I don't get it off! So, although after Okinawa I started looking more into staying an extra six months for traveling purposes, I am now slowly drifting back to only staying until April, as I am not going to pay ridiculous traveling prices. I think either way I will put off S. East Asia until after my contract is up and then maybe take a trip there before coming home. This is all so frustrating though! So, now for New Years I think I am going to try to go to Korea and China. The ferry to Korea from my city isn't too expensive, and you can actually take ferries to China as well. So screw airfare! UGH. So anyway, back to me staying or going home, what are all of your opinions? Is it worth it?

No comments: