Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Applause, please...

No, I did not win an award...BUT I did finally get around to completely unpacking/making my apt look as nice as I possibly can. I am on the lookout for decent "living room" furniture....everything is sooo expensive though and most of that you would have to have delivered on top of that (kinda hard to carry 2 living chairs on a subway for a few stops and then walk a few blocks sadly). But for now I am satisfied. I figured a video with some narrative would be more helpful than a bunch of pictures...but the video refused to upload... you get pictures anyway... hopefully this will answer some of your questions (I am sure you all lose sleep every night anxiously wondering what my apt is like haha). I REALLY like my apt. It is very nice. Some elements of it are slightly humorous to me though.

What my apt looks like from the front. Kinda like a prison ward. JK it's actually very new.
The view of part of the park from my front door.
Please take your shoes off/ignore my poorly manicured toes/pajamas
Now let us continue to the entryway/laundry room/"kitchen"
A closeup shot of my "kitchen"

The "kitchen" then leads to the toilet area. You actually wash your hands above the toilet.The toilet area leads to my tub/shower room. You must turn the lever below the hot/cold knobs on the sink to the left to make the water come out of the shower head. Be careful and make sure you turn it back if you wish to only use the sink, otherwise you will have an unexpected shower...like I have a few times.Birds eye view from the loft of my main area. See all that space I have to the left?? I need some living furniture....Another angle shot of my room. Table/closet/mirror...
The actual loft where I sleep. It isn't as claustrophobic as it looks. And that is coming from a major claustrophobe.This would be the lovely view of a parking lot from my balcony.
This is where I hang my clothing to dry on my balcony like I am in the 1800s.

So yep, that is where I live =) It's in a very nice/convenient part of the city too. I hope this shows it is actually a decent size for one person. No more than one though. It is definitely enough for me though. One thing I forgot to point out was my cool "security camera peep hole" that I am so excited about for who knows what reason haha. When someone rings my doorbell, the little monitor flashes on and I can talk to them/interrogate them/observe them until I decide whether or not they are worthy of me opening the door, ha!

Here are some pictures I took today that I don't feel like including in an album:

A car dealership. Ok? You ask. It's on the 6th floor of the mall. Yeah, I am not sure how that works either, but there are a bunch of dealerships on that floor!!




I just love finding little treasures like this. This is in a small shop in "Tenjin Core" which is this MASSIVE shopping mall that is seizure inducing due to too many bright colors/lights/loud music/people everywhere you turn. It's a bit overwhelming even browsing for things over there... Oh and if you cannot read the bottom (it's the best part) it says "Everyrhing masic." Just makes my day really.... =)

No comments: