Thursday, April 17, 2008

Excuses, excuses

So, I realize you all are just dying to know what the apt looks like, or maybe even what JAPAN looks like because I have completely failed at uploading pictures, but let me explain why you will not get any of that until AT LEAST Mon...

For the past week I have been doing around 10 hours of training a day. That seemed a little rough, NOTHING compared to moving over to my actual school. O-M-G. OK, well first of all to give it all credit, everyone is super nice and awesome and I am really grateful to work at a school with other foreign teachers (who happen to also be awesome and helpful and fun). But it is just very exhausting for me taking over the departing teacher and learning about 10 bazillion random things that hardly make any sense to me a day and then teaching and then meeting people with names I cannot even pronounce, etc etc.

Now, why you won't get anything stimulating to look at/hear about until Mon...well it is Thurs and 11 pm and I just got home. I left my apt at 11 am. Yeah. Tomorrow I ASSUME I will be home around 10:30-11 as well. SATURDAY is the kicker. As I will be teaching SIX classes (I only taught 1 today/will teach 1 tomorrow THANK GOD). Now, from this Sat forward I will always be teaching these 6 classes, but since I have not done this yet, I know how tired I will be at the end of the day. Oh but wait, when IS the end of the day you ask? 7pm when my classes are over? No.... because after that is a welcome party for me. Sounds like fun in theory, and I am sure it will be very nice and fun, but at a school welcome party you apparently spend the entire time meeting tons and tons of people and don't even get to eat the food at your own party. Hmm. (For my Theta people-it so far sounds a bit like recruitment day 1 lol). Then, there is a 2nd party after that, followed by a third party. I have already been informed that it is likely I will be out til past 4 am that day.

Sunday I have some more commitments as well. Much more fun ones. But still no sleep/relaxation/getting settled in yet. SO that is why there is nothing because, yeah I am f-ing exhausted lol. I don't want to do the apt picture whatever thing until I have the place a bit more put together because right now it just looks like my suitcases exploded all over my apt. But the apt is amazing. Japan is amazing. I also feel very VERY lucky about where I was placed and think I am really going to enjoy my job/coworkers/students....I just need to get a bit more settled and into a more solid routine before I can begin to appreciate that I think (and maybe the fact I am in Japan?...) =)

*Note- I promise I am not writing this out of annoyance to all the requests and although I am worn out, I am liking it here so far. I just wanted to explain why I haven't been on top of communication things lately. I love getting your msgs though even if I can't respond right away =)

No comments: