Monday, April 21, 2008

Time for an update

I am still exhausted, but this past weekend was VERY fun (well 95% what I did anyway, ha). Teaching 6 classes wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, and my welcome parties were REALLY fun. I met some really awesome students and had a fantastic time until about 6 am haha. I am just glad that I am now good to go at work, and will have more time this week to get prepared for my lessons. I finally got a cell phone. It's funny because it was considered one of the "cheap/older" phones, but yeah much cooler than anything we have back home! The screen actually flips horizontally so I can watch Japanese tv on it. Not like I have a desire to watch Japanese television on my cell phone, but the fact I HAVE the option is what counts =) I also like turning it for when I check my email and such.

Finally uploaded the pictures I have taken thus far. STILL no apt stuff though as I did not really unpack today like I told myself I would. Instead I explored my neighborhood. I REALLY like where I live!! I can actually walk to work if I so desire to and have 30 min to spare (I doubt I ever will though) 3 min train ride to work regardless, right by the subway and a nice gym, HUGE park right outside my apt with lots of neat statues and flower gardens and ponds and such. Lots of neat alleyway markets and neat things....etc etc. Very nice. My only problem is my apt key is actually a card like at a hotel, so I have a problem right now thinking I am living in a hotel, meaning I think my door will automatically lock itself, and it doesn't. But I have remembered every night eventually to lock it. Just gotta get into the habit!

No comments: