Sunday, April 13, 2008

Quick Trip

Had only a half day of work Saturday and Sunday off so I made plans to take a quick trip to Sasebo to visit some of my friends in the navy I had made. Sasebo was............................nice. A bit quiet and small, but nice (I'm still glad to be living in the city though, haha). Their house was pretty neat though because it was up in the hills with a great view/"traditional" Japanese style. All in all it was a pretty relaxing weekend, bbqed, went to a small karaoke bar, and got a quick tour of the navy base--that wasn't incredibly exciting but it was still sort of interesting to see how that was/know I was standing on US property. It was just kind of nice to get away and take a break from work as I know it will be EATING ME ALIVE this week (but in a good way I think).

Still a little sick, but finally starting to feel better, I just hope it goes away soon as I have no idea when in the near future I will have much time to rest...

Move into my apt this Wed!!! I am sooo excited. Although I still have no idea what it looks like. Normally when you replace a teacher, you take over their apt, so the other guys in my group have a layout drawing of their apt. However, the teacher I am replacing is married and does not live in company housing, so they had to find me a new apt. Which isn't a bad thing, just a little sad instead of getting a layout drawing I got a note saying "sorry no one has ever lived here so we have no idea what it looks like." BUT I DO know the location and it's pretty sweet. Walking distance to the train which can take me to Hakata station (where I will be working) in minutes, walking distance to the subway that will take me to Tenjin (downtown) in minutes, right by a park and a gym...etc. So yeah, I am happy! My work schedule is quite light as well. I don't know if that will change in the near future or not, but for now, I don't mind!!!

I promise I will upload my pictures soon. But to be honest I have been horrible about taking them! For some reason it feels really awkward at times to whip out a camera and snap a shot. So my pictures are random captures of things here and there. I will be making up for it though, promise!!

No comments: