Sunday, April 6, 2008

This will be short

as I am typing on a Japanese computer that costs 100 yen/10 minutes. So far I have only been here 3 days and have already been having a blast. The culture shock hasn]t really hit me though. Above ground, downtown Fukuoka looks a lot like downtown LA. However, BELOW ground is this shopping center that stretches several blocks long and just screams HI YOU ARE IN JAPAN!!!!!!! haha. Last night did a little nightlife tour and met some navy people who luckily did not fit the stereotype of the drunken sailor boys. They dragged me to several night clubs and it was sort of similar to what is back home but at the same time isnt (for example 1 of the clubs names was Happy Cock). Today was my day off because I start intensive training tomorrow. I was supposed to see a shrine and immerse myself with cultural things but instead I hung out with Americans, drank Starbucks, ate *Italian food, drank French beer. Backfire! But at the same time it was fun and slightly comforting to be in the company of tall people who spoke perfect English and knew exactly what I was talking about. But life is good here so far and a lot of fun! I dont have internet permanently yet so I cant respond to msgs right away but I really appreciate them all and miss you all a lot!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

come back to me!!!!!!!!