Monday, January 26, 2009

Snow globe

So I know I have posted here before that it has snowed, but when I said snow, I meant snow falling from the sky lightly...that's it. Nothing sticking. In fact, it was almost kind of a disappointing realization. Growing up in Southern California, I have never lived in the snow and I thought by living in Japan it would grant me that experience...to later find out in Kyushu (my region) it hardly snows. I was a little bummed.

This weekend I was in for a real surprise! I was at work when one of my coworkers exclaimed something and pointed out one of our two windows (haha), and I was amazed to see what I thought kind of looked like the inside of a snow globe falling onto the ground. I felt like a little child running to look out the window every free moment I got, haha. That kept up all day. By the time I got home I was amazed to see white everywhere and trees (I live next to a large, lovely park) covered in snow! For any of you who have lived in snow, I know I know nothing too big of a deal. However, for me this was quite an experience. I realized it was my first time being exposed to snow like this. The only other times I have been around that much snow fall is when I am on a chairlift on a mountain...never in a city! Whenever I've been to Utah/Mammoth, etc there has been small amounts of snow on the ground, but that's it! Anyway, it was very exciting on one hand, yet a little hard to deal with on the other as I was going out into town that evening and wasn't sure how to deal with it. Typical California girl =)

Sadly, fast forward to one day later and there is no evidence there ever was snow. Just back to the same old rain routine. Yawn.

I took some pictures...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That second-to-last show is great!

Dad

Anonymous said...

I meant to say that second-to-last shot was great.

Laura, Ella, and a Pair of Toms said...

I love it! I felt like that the first time it really snowed in Vienna. It was so fun! I felt like a little kid! :)