Friday, January 9, 2009

Kind of past the "half way" mark

So, I am in Japan for only around 9 more months now. No, that is not a typo. I really did use the word "only." Now that I am pretty much on the other side of the fence, rather than my end date seeming really far away, I am starting to think about all the things I still want to accomplish before I leave. I have a feeling the time is really going to fly by! On my way back from Korea I got a little sad realizing I wouldn't have another week off until May...but then I remembered how silly I was being! I am taking a 4 day weekend in ONE MONTH to Sapporo! Haha, silly me. Then I started thinking, and realized I pretty much have something great to look forward to almost every month that I am still here!

Feb-Sapporo Snow Festival/snowboarding
March-My bday...and possibly a small weekend trip snuck in somewhere
April-The parents are coming!
May-Golden Week holiday
June-OK, nothing here
July-Once again nothing so far
August-Obon week holiday, hopefully climbing Mt. Fuji
September-Another rare 4 day weekend...TBD what I will do with it!
October-See ya Japan!

See? Looking at it that way it seems rather short, huh?

Hmm and I am supposed to be saving money through all this for backpacking after? Where that will happen I am unsure as well =) Probably where the June/July funds will go =)

No comments: