Sunday, October 12, 2008

Well, I feel completely violated.

I was innocently walking home from getting something to eat in my pajamas (which are not in any way sexy might I add)--edit: I was wearing long gym shorts and a sweatshirt--, and heard a bike coming up behind me. And before I could even fathom what had happened to me, the man on the bike reached out and grabbed my butt--but did more than that (so not going to be detailed here)--and made this sexual moaning sound and then just kept riding by as if he didn't do that. I just stood there for literally 2 minutes trying to process what had just happened I was in so much shock and disgust. I was in a very crowded train in Tokyo on my way back to the airport and suspected someone had inappropriately touched me for a moment, but was almost unsure because it was so crowded and could have just been unintentional shifting, and that alone felt very very uncomfortable. But this....I am angry let's just say. This is what I CAN'T STAND about this country. Although "officially" behavior like this is "frowned upon" it is totally accepted, and the men in this country think it's OK to do this to me as I am a foreigner and think of girls like me as public property. Don't be so concerned about me (especially you, my parents), there's obviously nothing I can do about it and unfortunately this happens a lot to girls out here. I know I'll be fine, but I am just really really disgusted right now and feel violated.

1 comment:

Laura, Ella, and a Pair of Toms said...

Eeeeewwww.....you should've jammed a stick through his spokes! Eeeeewwww..... :(