Sunday, October 5, 2008

Better Saturday

Saturday at work was much better. I just decided to sleep off the bad feelings, and wake up with a new attitude. Everything in life is a learning experience after all, right? I actually had a pretty good work day as well. Saturdays are so busy (7 classes in a row with a lunch break squeezed in somewhere), but we just got a new schedule so I had some new classes and new faces, so it was a little refreshing. After work, I went to my friend's Temakizushi party (do it yourself sushi), It was a lot of fun to see friends, and meet new people, and to make yummy sushi myself. After a few bottles of wine, we decided to head over to the karaoke bar down the road. I am usually not the biggest fan of karaoke, but I was having a BLAST with my friend. We were total mic hogs. Like we literally would sing 4 songs in a row before someone else got a turn. Every two seconds we would turn to each other and go, "OH! We need to sing ----!" And reach for the controller to add it. In fact, we all had SO much fun, that we wound up staying there for FOUR HOURS. We were planning on sleeping at our friend's flat, because it is too expensive to take a cab from there after the last train, but um somehow we wound up being out late enough to make the first train back, haha. So I got home around 6 am, decided I was hungry and wanted to watch the new Desperate Housewives premiere (which was totally lame ps), so I made cheap ramen and stayed up even LATER to watch it. THEN, I went to sleep, woke up around 4pm, and forced myself to go downtown for some shopping (and I was also craving Subway). I am now sitting in my flat being completely lazy, even though I should be cleaning up. But, I have a work conference tomorrow rather than my day off, so can you really blame me for trying to have a little R&R??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that you're feeling better, and that you take a mature attitude to the road bumps of life. It's OK to have a pity party once in a while, but how fast you recover from life's little upsets is what sets you apart.

BTW if you have a singing voice you didn't get it from mom or me. LOL

Love,

Dad

Lauren said...

Wait, wait, wait...there's a SUBWAY downtown now?!?!?!??!