Saturday, May 3, 2008

I'm on a roll with the updates

Today I didn't do anything too special, however, I was incredibly productive:

Slept in.
Began wandering around the neighborhood, SURE there had to be some home furnishing stores nearby.
Found a home furnishing store literally behind my apt.
Found a cheap clothing store literally behind my apt.
Found this nifty store that sells new and used things. Bought a new Forman Grill for only 2000 yen (20 bucks)!!--now cooking at home will be so much easier--and this little shelf unit that was used for only 988 yen!! Carried those home.
Decided I had found the street of cheap things so I went back down it, and just kind of wound up wandering around. I wandered through the nearby wards....and wound up meeting up with the Hakata parade for Golden Week so I knew I was somewhere nearby Hakata. Watched the parade for a bit and kind of followed it.
Until I saw a sculpture I recognized.
Me: I have seen this sculpture before...
Brain: That's because you have accidentally wandered over to Tenjin, duh!

So I take it back, Tenjin is actually not that far from me if I don't get lost =)

Anyway, then I wandered back to the home furnishing store and bought a shag green floor chair (!!!) because it was on sale for 2400 yen from 4000. And a coordinating pillow. So now I think I am going for the retro look. I like it though.

Then I bought some meat for my grill and made dinner. And now I am just sitting here lazy and watching The Sopranos.

(My feet still hurt)

No comments: