Monday, March 9, 2009

Bday Weekend

Considering I went into it not expecting anything and not really making any plans I was really surprised and touched by my friends out here! If any of you people read this---thank you!!!

It all started off with Sat night. Went to a yakitori (grilled meat on a stick-one of my favs) shop, then to this fantastic karaoke place.

*Here is something you need to know about karaoke here. It gets VERY expensive! You usually book a room for 2 hours and it's 2500 yen (~$25)...which doesn't sound bad at all, except karaoke is a time vacuum and it feels like 2 seconds later you are being told your time is up...so what do you do? Extend of course. And extend. And extend...until you walk out 4 hours later with a bill of around 50-60 bucks!*

OK, so back to my story. This karaoke place is a little less... "attractive" however, it only costs 2,800 yen all you can drink for FIVE HOURS. AND they have costumes!!! It was so much fun with our big group! Everyone was wearing a costume (there were even costume changes), and was really into it. So we did that until about 4 am. At that point we had been doing it for so long we were kind of out of songs to sing haha. So we went down the street to a bar we go to often and stayed there until around 5 am. Then I went home with my coworker and we stayed up even later talking until I realized it was 7:30 am and insisted we sleep.

Then, I woke up at 3pm, and headed off to my friend's do it yourself sushi party at 5pm. It was just really relaxed with a whole group of friends, and then they surprised me with a really cute cake and some gifts! Like I said, I was really touched! That party wound up lasting until about 11:30, then we headed off to do MORE karaoke (no costumes this time), then went back to my friends and played some games....and then I went to sleep around 4 am.

I spent my actual bday resting lol. But it was a really great time! However...this month is just getting started! SOOOO many fun things planned!!!

1 comment:

Laura, Ella, and a Pair of Toms said...

Ha! Man, those Japanese people have karaoke DOWN! :) Hahaha!