Thursday, September 18, 2008

The time has come

I was asked to renew my contract today....dun dun dun. I have to decide what to do by Oct 16. This means...if you have any feedback for me-reasons I should renew/reasons I should come home...please let me know. I can use all the help I can get making a decision like this!!!!

PS- I gave in and bought a new train pass. BUT I was told by my student who works for the station that if my old pass turns up, the station will reimburse me if I show them both passes. So...maybe someone has just forgotten to turn it in yet? Haha.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As much as we miss you, you need to make the decision that will best suit your goals. The job market is not great here, but you know that. Coming back in April will effectively prevent you for subbing opportunities until the fall. The other consideration is if you extend for six months, how will that effect your scheduling plans for grad school?

Not an easy decision nor one to be made in haste.

Dad

Laura, Ella, and a Pair of Toms said...

Hmm...another six months in a foreign country, or going home to the beautiful u.s. of a. Well, if it was me, I would go home. But it depends on what you are doing after Japan. If you are doing school, do what works best with your plans. If you are going to start a career, another six months couldn't really hurt. Tricky, tricky... :)

Laura

Maryanne said...

You already know which way my vote swings! But just in case you've
forgotten......COME HOME!
Love, Mom