Tuesday, September 16, 2008

One of THOSE days

and by that I mean where you want to run off to the bathroom and cry every 10 minutes. Kind of like what I did...

I knew it was probably a sign when I woke up to a ginormous zit on my forehead (TMI, I know). My train pass expired yesterday, so I had to buy a new one for this month this morning (costs about 50 bucks). I get reimbursed from my company for travel expenses, and since I am basically running on fumes until my next payday, I just took money out of my "Tokyo funds" (when I was paid last, I put aside money for Tokyo knowing I would spend it otherwise), and planned on putting the money back when I got reimbursed. Anyway, I bought the new pass, rode the train, went to work, and was in a decent mood, when I realized I needed to give my manager my pass and the receipt so I could get my money back. I went to my purse, found the receipt...but no pass. I checked my pockets and purse about 10 trillion times before concluding I had lost the pass. My manager called the station as well as our building and put my information in, in case someone returned it. The thing is I was somewhat hopeful because people are actually honest here and tend to turn in things they find rather than steal them. Also, my pass is kind of useless to most people, as it can only be used to and from MY station which is only one stop away. It also has my name on it. ANYWAY no one turned it in so far, and I have lost hope, because I think if someone honest had found it, they would have turned it in by now. So I am now out of 50 bucks which I really could have used. Sigh. The problem with my mind, is when something bad happens to me, it likes to then dig up every bad/sad/insecure thought or feeling that possibly exists within me even if it is completely irrelevant to the situation at hand, also I felt like more and more is being asked of me at work, and sometimes it is like "I CAN'T DO EVERYTHING!!!!!!" and just so frustrating/exhausting to think about-- so all that made for a very unfun day...including me having to excuse myself to the bathroom to calm down so I could be socially acceptable to students. =/ Like I have said before, having something like that happen back home is bad, but dealing with it in a foreign country is way worse and harder. You are just so helpless! It's really difficult! I decided to walk home and self reflect lol. I'm giving the "honest" people of Jland one more day, and then I am forking out another 50 bucks for a new one. Boo. Oh, and I also now have to give a presentation to everyone at a work conference in October regarding being successful for a sales thing we do, and now it has been decided that it will be videotaped so all the J staff in the region can see my "ideas" as well. Too bad I don't even have much to say! I am just wondering how I am going to fill the 10-15 minute time slot they gave me (that's a LONG TIME to stand in front of everyone and talk!!!)! Is this a reward for being successful??? Haha.

1 comment:

Laura, Ella, and a Pair of Toms said...

I'm so sorry!! I know how it goes with bad days like that! :(

I thought of a suggestion for your presentation to fill time: just do a 10 minute introduction of yourself: who you are, what California is like, your favorite thing about Japan, how to make chocolate chip cookies, etc. ;)