Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Update on the weatha

It apparently snowed this morning around 8 am...but like I was awake for that! Kind of exciting though. I've never lived in the snow before (well unless you count my life as a baby/no memory time period in the mtns, or that one time it snowed over night in Redlands and melted the next day). Luckily, it apparently doesn't snow *too much* here, so I don't think the weather will become Buffalo, New York unbearable style. I did feel like my face froze walking home tonight, though...I tried making different facial expressions and it was kind of hard.

Unluckily, making good quality apartments is not Japan's forte! My apartment is so poorly insulated, I have inspected my windows about 10 trillion times SURE there is something I am missing as it feels so drafty even with my heater on full blast--maybe a secret air vent or crack in them or something---but alas...I think it is just poor insulation. =/ Also, speaking of bad apartment building skills, I find many times I feel my apartment shake, and can't decide if it is an aftershock from an earthquake or just someone from maybe 2 floors up dropping something heavy...either way it kind of bothers me this has become a routine scenario to ponder (happened again while writing this blog-so I thought I'd mention it).

And apparently the South Korean railways are going on strike...so I hope they sort things out before late December, otherwise my traveling plans might get really screwed up! --Yes I am aware that was a selfish wish to make. ;)

Oh wait, one other update--I am down to my last 150 yen (approx $1.50) until the 25th! No I am not actually excited about that, haha, but I think this will help build some character. I think I need a story to tell my kids some day about how I was broke and *lived off rice or ramen (except ramen here costs more than 16 cents! Unfair!) or something for months. But in return got to travel the world. In fact, I think a story like that could even make a good book deal. This is also good training for next month as I am buying Korea tickets AND Sapporo tickets, which=there goes my paycheck in the blink of an eye (literally)! I heard the *broke diet is the newest fad diet anyway. ;) I am willing to make such sacrifices for once in a lifetime experiences.

*Please note the slight exaggeration.

No comments: