Monday, November 24, 2008

OK I am going to be personal one more time.

Not to be *too* emotional and personal (since I said I wasn't going to get personal here anymore), but the thought of not being home for Thanksgiving or Christmas has started to become very very difficult for me. I know I need to grow up-lots of people are away from family and friends during this season, but it is still really hard and testing. Especially when you are somewhere that has never heard of things like apple cider, or stuffing...and makes you work on these days as well. There are also these horrible, evil anonymous surveys coming out for the students to fill out and apparently they get really nit picky and then the teacher gets dinged for all sorts of random things, so I am terrified and very very stressed out about them (great way to begin the new year!). I am doing my best-but these people are so hard to please sometimes!!! I think my calculated December budget of about 400 yen a day is going to make this month even more difficult to get through (I know, right? I'm telling you, it's ridiculously expensive to travel or simply enjoy your life here!). I mean I know it is my choice to take trips or whatever, and yeah instead I could have tons of money and sit on my butt in my apartment every weekend/vacation, but I swear if I weren't doing these things I would go crazy, because what would be the point of putting myself through all this in the first place?

Not trying to be a "Debbie Downer" here, and hopefully those of you who read this can understand my POV here. The bottom line to this post is I wish for the next month to go by as quickly and painless as possible.

No comments: