Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Long time no see

Hm I seem to have really neglected this thing huh? I have no idea who still reads this but I have an inkling at least 99% of my "followers" are also my friends on facebook so I almost feel redundant sharing stories on here these days. I decided I like to teach about my life visually, through photos I take . I think if you see what I saw you get a better idea of what it's like rather than me just blabbing about it in paragraph form.

But in case you are not a visual learner/not my friend on facebook/or just plain bored here is what has been going on with me lately in one lump sum...(and also because I have a weird disorder in that I fight the urge to go to bed every single night and instead stay up until all hours doing useless things):

Well now my countdown is actually closer to 2 months and 4 days or something (not like I'm counting down the days or anything....). I bought my plane ticket home last week in fact. I got a great deal on it although I think it's going to be a ghetto flight. But I think it's better to assume the worst so I may be pleasantly surprised when it isn't so bad. Yes, I climbed Mt. Fuji. It was incredible. The sunrise was incredible. INCREDIBLE. Of course it was tiring but it wasn't as difficult or dangerous as the locals made it seem (but of course I am not surprised). Apparently an American and Japanese man died near the top a few days before we climbed it. It worried me until I got to the top and spent the whole time in the back of my head wondering how they managed to do that! If you haven't seen my Fuji pics please take a look, I refuse to be modest when I say they are awesome. However, Fuji was the last big thing I wanted to do/see in Japan so now I feel like I've done/seen everything that was important to me so I am more interested in just going out than planning trips and trying to "experience things" these days. Oh, well I actually still need to eat fugu (blowfish) although EVERYONE (foreigners and most Japanese) tells me it's expensive and tasteless, but hey I need the experience of "putting my life in danger for the sake of expensive tasteless potentially poisonous sashimi". Last week was a 9 day holiday and strangely I pretty much did nothing for it. I went out on the weekends, but during the week I sat home and vegged and IT WAS AWESOME. I needed that break. Work is making me feel like I was purchased rather than I am being paid but it is having that "so busy the time flies by" effect so maybe it isn't the most horrible thing in the world after all. I also have a 4 day weekend next month and might go back to Iki Island or at least just have some more fun. I'm even starting to make plans with friends back home for Halloween (oh yeah I am coming back Oct 25 in case you didn't know).

I was sitting home last night and realizing how random my list of things I am excited to have again in the US is. Some of it includes cheap body lotion (small bottles of regular brand name lotion here cost around 6 dollars), going to a social gathering and knowing should I want to I can communicate with anyone, eyebrow waxing (they only do laser here), Target, and of course there is more but that's some of the random stuff I can think of off the top of my head.

Ok who am I kidding, I think anyone would miss Target.

1 comment:

Fru Johannesson said...

Target! Over summer I went there every day. Not an exaggeration. It's like I need lotion, target. I need curtains, target. It goes on and on...And I ate Mexican food at least twice a week!